As you know, school will be fully open for all children from Monday September 7th. The government remains clear that it is safe for children to return to school unless they, or a member of their household, has COVID 19 or they have been advised by their doctors to remain at home. Therefore, we look forward to seeing children back in school.
However, please do not send your child to school if they, or anyone else in the household, has COVID 19 or is showing any of the symptoms which are:
- a high temperature
- a new continuous cough
- a loss of smell or taste
If we have any concerns about your child’s health while they are in school we will contact you straight away. Please make sure that we have up to date contact details.
As I wrote to you in July we are putting arrangements in place to keep children and adults as safe as we can. These include:
- expecting everyone to be very careful with basic hygiene – washing hands, using sanitiser, using tissues and keeping surfaces and equipment clean
- dividing the school into ‘bubbles’ with one ‘bubble’ in each building where children work and play together
- encouraging social distancing where we can, although we know that our children will find it very difficult and that many children need close support from the adults who work with them
- adults using PPE where this will reduce the chance of infection
- making changes to the way we teach some lessons to reduce contact
- not having large gatherings such as assemblies
Some children will find it difficult to return to school and will need time and support before they can fully take part in school routines. Teams will be reviewing all PPSPs and sensory profiles to include the support needed as children get used to being back in school and your child’s teacher will send a copy home for you to sign.
For the first week school meals will be sandwiches, fruit and yoghurt to give the catering team time to adjust to serving food in the ‘bubbles’ across the school. Children will be able to order a hot meal again from 14th September.
Arrangements for the beginning and end of the day
The school day will run as usual with children coming to school from 9.00 to be ready for lessons from 9.15 and leaving school at 3.30 p.m. If we need to make a change to these times for different parts of the school we will let you know.
If your child is using home-school transport from the local authority
The transport company will contact you with details of the pick-up time and place.
If you drive to school with your child
Please use the correct entrance and please wait in the car with your child until a member of staff comes to collect them. Our site services team will direct you onto the site and show you where to park. Please follow their instructions for the safety of all.
- If your child’s class is in Peter Turner Primary (including Early Years) or the Rebecca Goodman Centre please drive to the Macdonald Road entrance
- If your child’s class is in Niels Chapman Building or Margaret Brearley School please drive to the Hale End Road entrance
If you walk into school with your child
please use the correct entrance and wait with your child until a member of staff comes to collect them. A member of staff on duty will show you where to wait. Please keep at a distance from other people while you wait.
- If your child’s class is in PTP Early Years please go to the door of the Early Years building
- If your child’s class is in PTP or Rebecca Goodman Centre please use the pedestrian gate from Macdonald Road
- If your child’s class is in Niels Chapman Building please use the double gate from Hale End Road (nearest to Macdonald Road)
- If your child’s class is in Margaret Brearley School please use the pedestrian gate from Hale End Road nearest to the MBS building
If you are not sure which building your child’s class is in please phone school on Thursday or Friday.
I know that some of you will have questions and will want to talk about your child’s needs. Please leave a message on the Family Support phone - 07874 635728 or send an email to your child’s Head of School and we will get back to you.
- MBS – email@example.com
- PTP – firstname.lastname@example.org
- NCSS – email@example.com
Please do not hesitate to make contact now or if there are any issues once your child is back in school. Your child’s teacher will keep in touch with you and let you know if we have any concerns. By working together and sharing any worries we can make the return to school a success.
Welcome back visual sheets for each school are attached below