Vision England is an exciting residential programme for young people aged 12 – 17 years with vision impairment, in partnership with the Field Studies Council (FSC). Young people are supported to play a leading role in changing their communities and the environment for the better.
Why sign up?
- Two fun-filled residentials over a year.
- Supported by an amazing team of staff experienced in working with young people with vision impairment.
- You shape the activities you do, which may include conservation activities like coppicing and tree planting, and other activities like wildlife walks, bush craft, hiking and camping.
- Opportunity to gain a John Muir Award certificate (environmental award scheme).
Who can apply?
You must be:
- Able to attend both residential dates for your chosen venue.
- Blind or partially sighted.
- At least 12 years old on 1 August 2018.
- Aged 17 or under on 1 November 2018.
- Reasonably able to maintain your own personal hygiene and routine.
You can only attend the Vision England programme once, to allow more young people to benefit from the programme.
What does it cost?
Just £25 for two residentials and introduction day.
How are places allocated?
Places are allocated on a first come first served basis, however, young people aged 17 years will be given priority. We aim to get a mix of gender, ages and levels of ability, and will accommodate all medical and physical needs where possible. All places are assessed on an individual basis. We reserve the right to withdraw an offer of a place.
Dates and venues for 2018
Please ensure that you apply by Friday 29 June 2018
Castle Head, Cumbria
- Intro day: Saturday 9 June
- Residential 1: Wednesday 29 August to Saturday 1 September
- Residential 2: Saturday 20 to Monday 22 October
Preston Montford, Shropshire
- Intro day: Saturday 14 July
- Residential 1: Tuesday 7 to Friday 10 August
- Residential 2: Friday 26 to Sunday 28 October
Juniper Hall, Surrey
- Intro day: Saturday 7 July
- Residential 1: Sunday 19 to Wednesday 22 August
- Residential 2: Monday 22 to Wednesday 24 October
Sign up today!
To sign up, for more information, or if you’d like this leaflet in a different format, contact us:
- Call Phil Wagstaff, Vision England Project Officer on 07894 598766
- Email email@example.com
- Visit rnib.org.uk/vision-england
- RNIB Helpline 0303 123 9999