Many parents have expressed an interest in learning more about some of the skills that their children are taught here at Joseph Clarke School.
We are offering ‘taster’ sessions for parents on Thursday 23rd June morning.
Braille - 9:30am - 1030am
An opportunity to gain awareness in how Braille is taught and learnt, as well as how braillists are supported throughout the school.
Speech and Language - 10:30am - 11:30am
Helen, our Speech and Language Therapist, will be looking at
- The different types of Speech and Language difficulties that children may have
- What your child does in their Speech and Language Therapy sessions
- How you can support your child’s Speech and Language skills at home.
Mobility - 11:30am - 1pm
Elaine and Debbie, the school mobility officers, can offer some practical sessions on such areas as:
- How to do sighted guide with a blind or partially sighted person safely and effectively.
- How long cane skills work.
- Road safety for visually impaired children.
The sessions will be held in the Primary department, on-site here at Joseph Clarke School. The aim of each session is to provide you with the opportunity to learn more about some of the skills that your children are taught here at Joseph Clarke School.
Unfortunately, we do not have the facilities for brothers and sisters at these sessions.
If not all of the sessions are appropriate for your child, please feel free to drop in for the sessions that are relevant.
We would also like to invite parents/carers who are attending the information sessions to stay for lunch from 1.00-1.45pm.
If you would like to join us, please click or tap to FILL IN THIS FORM by June 16th.
or contact Sarah Bent at family support, if you have any questions