This an opportunity to become part of a team dedicated to delivering a high standard of facilities management.
- Hours: 7.12 per day (flexible between 6.30am –6.00pm) x 52 weeks per year
- Salary: £20,835pa
We are looking for a committed person to join our Site Service team in providing an effective and efficient cleaning/maintenance service of the school buildings and campus. You will also be someone whose caring and patient as you will be coming into contact with children and young people while carrying out your daily duties.
As a Site Services Assistant (SSA) you will be contributing to the daily running of the school by maintaining an effective, safe and pleasant working environment. Specifically, the (SSA) will be required to assist in keeping the school site clean, safe and in good repair by:
- Escorting contractors for building, plant and other services to their destination.
- Assisting with minor repairs, maintenance, safety, security and site development.
- Covering for other Site Service Staff during absences (leave, sickness etc.).
- Marshalling traffic.
- As a key holder, to assist with the locking and securing of the school buildings.
Whitefield Academy Trust comprises:
Whitefield Schools – an outstanding school based in Walthamstow which provides specialist education for pupils with complex needs including communication and interaction difficulties.
Joseph Clarke School – based nearby in Highams Park and highly regarded for its expertise in visual impairment.
The Trust Schools attract pupils from North and East London and surrounding counties and together have more than 450 pupils on roll.
Our Research and Development Centre provides support, training and resources for both school staff and other professionals. It also hosts an excellent library and an Outreach Service which supports pupils across 4 Local Authorities.
Waltham Forest as an area combines the best aspects of vibrant city living with easy access to some beautiful green spaces. It has excellent transport links.
To find out more about the Academy and to download an application form below or or contact the Human Resources Department:
Tel: 020 8531 3426.
Whitefield is uncompromising in its commitment to safeguarding children and young people.
- Closing date: 8 May 2019
- Interviews: TBA
- Start Date: As soon as a Disclosure and Barring Service check has been received