We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced part time Qualified Teacher of the Vision Impaired to join our multidisciplinary outreach service to start in September 2018, initially on a 1-year contract.
As an outreach teacher you will:
- offer tailored advice and support for staff working with vision-impaired students
- provide whole school training and individual staff training covering best practice and the latest ideas and guidance.
- work directly with students including those learning or using Braille
- support parents and carers
- work in partnership with other agencies
Own transport is a necessity. This is a one year contract initially for 3 days a week. We are looking for a teacher who can join the team from September.
- Qualified Teacher of the Vision Impaired
- Teacher for Children with a Vision Impairment
- Outer London Main/Upper pay scale, plus SEN points and a TLR 2 (depending on qualifications and experience)
- Initial 1 year contract
Whitefield Schools and Joseph Clarke School are part of the Whitefield Academy Trust.
Whitefield Schools has an international reputation for expertise, resources and research.
Joseph Clarke School is well-known for teaching visually impaired and complex needs pupils.
The Schools are situated in the North East of London within the Borough of Waltham Forest, but cater for pupils who come from many different Local Authorities.
Our Research and Development Centre provides support, training and resources for both school staff and other professionals. It also hosts an excellent library and an Outreach Service which supports pupils across 4 Local Authorities.
Waltham Forest as an area combines the best aspects of vibrant city living with easy access to some beautiful green spaces. It has excellent transport links.
Download an application form below, or telephone the Personnel Assistant for an application form and further details, at Macdonald Road, Walthamstow, London, E17 4AZ, Tel: 020 8531 3426. Email application forms to: Personnel@whitefield.waltham.sch.uk
The Whitefield Academy Trust is uncompromising in its commitment to safeguarding children and young people
- Closing date: 13th July 2018
- Interviews: 19th July 2018