We are looking for an enthusiastic Qualified Teacher of the Deaf or an experienced teacher with the commitment to train in this specialism to join our multidisciplinary outreach service — SENDsuccess — commissioned by Waltham Forest Council. This is a chance to work with excellent colleagues in a joined-up service that promotes inclusion for mainstream school staff, children and their families in the Borough. This 0.6 is a part-time post – you can choose the three days a week you will be working.
- Salary: £29,915 – £45,766 per year pro rata Outer London Main/Upper pay scale Plus SEN 1 or 2 (depending on qualifications and experience)
- Initial contract to 31 August 2021, possible extension
- Days: 0.6 post - three days a week
- To start: January 2021
As an outreach teacher you will support mainstream Nursery, Primary and Secondary schools by:
- offering tailored advice and support for staff working with hearing-impaired students
- providing whole school training and individual staff training covering best practice and the latest ideas and guidance.
- working directly with students
- supporting parents and carers
- working in partnership with other agencies
- helping with the creation of online training and guidance materials and videos.
Own transport is a necessity. Early Years specialism an advantage.
SENDsuccess is an outreach service for Waltham Forest schools and parents. We support mainstream schools to help their pupils who have sensory impairment, autism, learning or cognitive disabilities.
Whitefield Academy Trust comprises:
Whitefield Schools – an outstanding school based in Walthamstow which provides specialist education for pupils with complex needs including communication and interaction difficulties.
Joseph Clarke School – based nearby in Highams Park and highly regarded for its expertise in visual impairment.
The Trust Schools attract pupils from North and East London and surrounding counties and together have more than 456 pupils on roll.
Our Research and Development Centre provides support, training and resources for both school staff and other professionals. It also hosts an excellent library.
Waltham Forest as an area combines the best aspects of vibrant city living with easy access to some beautiful green spaces. It has excellent transport links.
Download an application form from our website: http://www.whitefield.org.uk/jobs or telephone the Human Resources Department for an application form and further details, at Macdonald Road, Walthamstow, London, E17 4AZ, Tel: 020 8531 3426. Email application forms to: Personnel@whitefield.waltham.sch.uk
The Whitefield Academy Trust is uncompromising in its commitment to safeguarding children and young people
- Closing date: 16 October 2020
- Interviews: to be confirmed