The Joseph Clarke School Trust is a Registered Charity that was founded in 1990 and supports Joseph Clarke School.
- The Trust's patron is Princess Michael of Kent.
- The Charity registration number is 1000964.
The Charity’s Committee works very closely with the Head Teacher and Deputy, who attend the Trust meetings and act in an advisory capacity. Together, we seek to provide much needed equipment, resources and activities, which enrich pupils' lives and education.
What we do
We had a busy 2018 and 2019 activities to-date include:
- Quiz Night on Friday 9th November 2018 at Buckhurst Hill Cricket Club raised just over £300
- The Owl Charity Walk’ on Saturday 22nd September 2018 raised about £200
- A charity cricket match on Sunday 10th June 2018 at Buckhurst Hill CC raised just over £500
- A charity golf day on Thursday 19th July 2018 at West Essex Golf Club that raised nearly £5,000
- Our Charity Golf Day on 18th July 2019 raised just under £6,000
- Our fundraising event at Findon Cricket Club raised approx. £1,300
- Owl Walk on 21st September 2019 raised nearly £400
- Quiz Night at Buckhurst Hill CC on 1st November 2019 raised £503
Huge thanks to all the individuals and companies who have generously donated.
See our donor list at the bottom of this page.
We've recently help fund:
- The publishing of the poetry book 'A Blind Bit of Difference' written by the pupils
- New minibus with space for a wheelchair and electric tailgate, which has been ordered via the Lord's Taverners for delivery in early 2020
- Over 10 Braille Notetakers - high-tech digital replacements for traditional Brail machines.
The Trust’s & School’s activities and projects for 2020 include:
- Chris Cawthorne of Colchester Trophies will carry out a Sponsored Skydive
- Charity Cricket Match to be played at Buckhurst Hill CC in June
- Charity Golf Day to be held at West Essex Golf Club on 16th July
- Owl Walk to be held in September
- Quiz Night to be held in October/November at Buckhurst Hill CC
- Fund a performance of 'The Extraordinary Adventures of You and Me by English Touring Opera Ltd
- Grant Application made to the Co-op Community Fund to purchase an additional Braille Notetaker
- Arrange a 3 day trip for the Pupils to the Arundel Castle Cricket Foundation
If you would like to raise funds for the Trust, you can while you shop online through Easyfundraising. It costs you nothing - online retailers simply give us a small donation whenever you shop with them. You can find out more information at https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/josephclarke
For further information on The Joseph Clarke School Trust please contact the Chairman, Mr F.J. Smith, or the Treasurer, Roy Hooper.
Frank Smith – Chairman
Deputy Head of Joseph Clarke School for 5 years, then Head for 20 years.
Chair of Look London until amalgamation with National Blind Children's Society.
Committee Member of ALD Life.
- tel: 0208 529 2186
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Roy Hooper – Treasurer
First contact with Joseph Clarke School in 1985 when son attended school.
Joined Trust Committee in 2004 and became Treasurer in 2006
42 years Commercial experience in Advertising, Marketing & Publishing.
- tel: 0208 220 8493
- e-mail: email@example.com
Teacher at Hawkswood School for Deaf for 28 years.
Head of Nursery Department.
Early Years co -ordinator.
Acting Head Teacher.
Joined the Trust in Autumn 2005
Waltham Forest Councillor from 1974 to 2014
Mayor of Waltham Forest 2004-2005
Engineering Design Manager for a large multi-national company until retirement in 2003
Joined the Trust in Autumn 2005
Past Governor of Joseph Clarke School and Vice-Chairman for two years.
Mayoress of Waltham Forest 2004 -5
Trustee of the Walthamstow Almshouses and General Charity for 27 years, Vice-chairperson for 17 years until retiring in 2006
Trust Member since 2001
Head of Special School and Home and Hospital Teaching Services for 23 years.
Formerly Chair of Waltham Forest Association for People with disabilities.
Joined the Trust in August 2014
Over 40 years experience in the Property Field
Partner of Estate Agents/Property Management Company from 1984 to 2002
Sales Consultant for McCarthy & Stone 2003 until 2009, retired 2010.
|Jul-14||Borno Pharmacy||Golf Day Sponsor|
|Jul-14||Alfie Harper/Nuffield Health-Chingford||Golf Day Sponsor||£800|
|Jul-15||Waitrose of Woodford||Golf Day Sponsor|
|Jul-15||Borno Pharmacy||Golf Day Sponsor|
|May-16||Lady Taverners/Christine Walker-Hebborn||2 Braille Notetakers||£8,000|
|Jul-16||Borno Pharmacy||Golf Day Sponsor|
|Jun-17||Matchroom Sport||Cricket Match Sponsor||£1,000|
|Jul-17||Borno Pharmacy||Golf Day Sponsor|
|Jul-17||Waitrose of Woodford||Golf Day Sponsor|
|May-18||Foyle Foundation||2 Braille Notetakers||£8,800|
|Jul-18||Greater London Fund for the Blind||Bicycles||£2,748|
|Jul-18||D M Thomas Foundation for Young People||Bicycles||£1,560|
|Jul-18||Les Mills Fund for Children||Bicycles||£1,000|
|Jul-18||Borno Pharmacy||Golf Day Sponsor||£538|
|Oct-18||Grange Farm Centre Trust||Gardens||£4,000|
|Oct-18||Groundwork/Tesco "Bags of Help" Scheme||Gardens||£4,000|
|Oct-18||D M Thomas Foundation for Young People||Braille Notetaker||£2,350|
|Nov-18||Co-op Local Community Fund||Braille Notetaker||£6,031|
|Jun-19||Rotary Club - Chingford||Bicycles||£1,000|
|Jul-19||Borno Pharmacy||Golf Day Sponsor||£527|
|Jul-19||Waitrose of Woodford||Golf Day Sponsor|
|Jul-19||TaylorMade Golf||Golf Day Sponsor||£320|
|Jul-19||Louise Hooper, birthday fundraising||£122|
|Aug-19||Findon Cricket Club||Charity Cricket Match||£1,300|
|Nov-19||Coopers Coborn School||Braille Notetaker||£4,000|