The Joseph Clarke School Trust is a Registered Charity that was founded in 1990 and supports Joseph Clarke School.
- The Trust's patron is Princess Michael of Kent.
- The Charity registration number is 1000964.
The Charity’s Committee works very closely with the Head Teacher and Deputy, who attend the Trust meetings and act in an advisory capacity. Together, we seek to provide much needed equipment, resources and activities, which enrich pupils' lives and education.
What we do
The Trust's activities, projects and fund-raising events in 2018/2019 include:
- Quiz Night on Friday 9th November 2018 at Buckhurst Hill Cricket Club raised just over £300
- The Owl Charity Walk’ on Saturday 22nd September 2018 raised about £200
- A charity cricket match on Sunday 10th June 2018 at Buckhurst Hill CC raised just over £500
- A charity golf day on Thursday 19th July 2018 at West Essex Golf Club that raised nearly £5,000
- We received a Grant of £2,350 from DM Thomas Foundation towards the cost of purchasing a Braille Notetaker.
- We received a grant of £10,000 from QBE for the installation of a School Radio Station
- We received a Grant of £8,800 from Foyle Foundation and purchased 2 Braille Notetaker
- We received Grants of £5,308.80 from Greater London Fund for the Blind, DM Thomas Foundation and Les Mills Fund for Children for the purchase of 5 specially adapted Bicycles
- We received donations of £6,100 from the Co-op Local Community Fund towards the purchase of additional Braille Notetakers
- We received a Grant of £4,000 from Grange Farm Centre Trust towards the installation of Sensory/Vegetable Gardens
- We received a Grant of £1613.34 from Les Mills Fund for Children to purchase 3 Specially Adapted Bicycles for Pupils between 7 and 11 years old
- We received a grant of £4,000 from Tesco's Bags of Help Scheme towards the 2nd Phase of the Garden Project.
- We helped fund the School Trip to Arundel to the Cricket Foundation im May 2019.
The Trust’s & School’s activities and projects in 2019 include:
- One of the Trust’s supporters, Chris Cawthorne of Colchester Trophies, has agreed to do a sponsored skydive on a date to be confirmed.
- Helping to provide a High End Café
- Helping to provide a new Minibus with space for a Wheelchair and Electric Tail Lift
- A Charity Cricket Match 9th June 2019 at Buckhurst Hill Cricket Club
- A Charity Golf Day on Thursday 18th July 2019 at West Essex Golf Club
- Owl Walk to be held on Saturday 21st September with a 11am meet at Chingford Plain, Bury Road, Chingfird, E4.....ideal for the whole family.
- Quiz Night to be held at Buckhurst Hill Cricket Club on Friday 12th October
If you would like to raise funds for the Trust, you can while you shop online through Easyfundraising. It costs you nothing - online retailers simply give us a small donation whenever you shop with them. You can find out more information at https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/josephclarke
For further information on The Joseph Clarke School Trust please contact the Chairman, Mr F.J. Smith, or the Treasurer, Roy Hooper.
Frank Smith – Chairman
Deputy Head of Joseph Clarke School for 5 years, then Head for 20 years.
Chair of Look London until amalgamation with National Blind Children's Society.
Committee Member of ALD Life.
- tel: 0208 529 2186
- e-mail: email@example.com
Roy Hooper – Treasurer
First contact with Joseph Clarke School in 1985 when son attended school.
Joined Trust Committee in 2004 and became Treasurer in 2006
42 years Commercial experience in Advertising, Marketing & Publishing.
- tel: 0208 220 8493
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Teacher at Hawkswood School for Deaf for 28 years.
Head of Nursery Department.
Early Years co -ordinator.
Acting Head Teacher.
Joined the Trust in Autumn 2005
Waltham Forest Councillor from 1974 to 2014
Mayor of Waltham Forest 2004-2005
Engineering Design Manager for a large multi-national company until retirement in 2003
Joined the Trust in Autumn 2005
Past Governor of Joseph Clarke School and Vice-Chairman for two years.
Mayoress of Waltham Forest 2004 -5
Trustee of the Walthamstow Almshouses and General Charity for 27 years, Vice-chairperson for 17 years until retiring in 2006
Trust Member since 2001
Head of Special School and Home and Hospital Teaching Services for 23 years.
Formerly Chair of Waltham Forest Association for People with disabilities.
Joined the Trust in August 2014
Over 40 years experience in the Property Field
Partner of Estate Agents/Property Management Company from 1984 to 2002
Sales Consultant for McCarthy & Stone 2003 until 2009, retired 2010.