Update: Arrangements for returning to school on September 7thBack
As you know, our school will be fully open for all children from Monday, September 7th. The government remains clear that it is safe for children to return to school unless they, or a member of their household, has COVID 19 or they have been advised by their doctors to remain at home. Therefore, we look forward to seeing children back in school.
However, please do not send your child to school if they, or anyone else in the household, has COVID 19 or is showing any of the symptoms which are:
- a high temperature
- a new continuous cough
- a loss of smell or taste
If we have any concerns about your child’s health while they are in school we will contact you straight away. Please make sure that we have up-to-date contact details.
Across the Academy
- we are putting arrangements in place to keep children and adults as safe as we can. These include:
- expecting everyone to be very careful with basic hygiene – washing hands, using sanitiser, using tissues, and keeping surfaces and equipment clean
- dividing schools into ‘bubbles’ with one ‘bubble’ in each building where children work and play together
- encouraging social distancing where we can, although we know that our children will find it very difficult and that many children need close support from the adults who work with them
- adults using PPE where this will reduce the chance of infection
- making changes to the way we teach some lessons to reduce contact
- not having large gatherings such as assemblies