This event will take place between 9:30am and 11:30am on 28/04/2017.
This two hour session is designed to be delivered to staff teams within a setting who need to develop their awareness and understanding of autism. This includes teachers, teaching assistants, transport staff, lunchtime staff, senior management, governors and service staff such as administrators.
It will support participants to:
• Identify the four key areas of difference that need to be taken into account.
• Know the importance of understanding the individual pupil and their profile of strengths and areas for development.
• Identify the key areas to help pupils on the autism spectrum build positive relationships with staff, peers, families and people in their community.
• Develop an awareness of the sensory and communication differences that pupils may experience.
- Price FREE to attendees from Waltham Forest
£40 per delegate from other boroughs
To secure a place on the course, please contact:
Teaching School Administrator
Tel: 020 8531 3426